About the company:
GreenThumb Ltd has built a brand that people admire and has been making lawns look beautiful, lush and weed free for over 30 years. From its humble beginnings in North Wales, it has grown to become Europe's largest lawn care company, with over 220 branches nationwide and a loyal customer base of over 470,000.
About the role:
As lawn operative, with PA1 and PA6 certificates you will be responsible for a professional, high level of service, ensuring customers are kept informed of when you will be attending, what treatments you will be carrying out and when the next treatment is due.
- Maintaining contact with the customer before a treatment is carried out to inform them when you will be attending. (call ahead).
- To visit a number of designated customers on a daily basis to apply fertiliser and herbicide.
- Where possible, inform the customer before any work commences, that you are there. (If the customer is not available then continue with the treatment.)
- At the conclusion of the work, notify the customer that the treatment has been completed and supply the invoice explaining what work has been carried out.
- Inform the customer of the next treatment date.
- Identify any lawn issues and offer any necessary advice on lawn and mowing practice and any additional treatments which may be required.
- Provide assistance throughout the autumn and winter period using the necessary machinery to aerate and scarify lawns, and remove waste to an acceptable level.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and basic maintenance of all machinery at the end of a working period.
- Maintain standards of all health and safety practices, as supplied by Green Thumb Limited.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness of the company vehicle and ensure all servicing is completed.
- Maintain the company uniform and replace this when the need arises.
- Ensure a professional and smart appearance at all times.
- Carrying out any necessary simple service calls as and when they arise.
- Carry out lawn analysis and quotations as required.
- Supporting business growth by speaking to potential customers and giving point of sale material as requested.
- Direct selling of our service, or offering additional treatments as necessary, including leaflet delivery when required.
- Maintain and update stock reports when required.
- Carry out any other duties that may be considered relevant to the position within the terms of your contract of employment.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding lawns, identify most lawn weeds by name and which products work most effectively on them.